There is no gardening experience like a backyard aquaponics gardening system.
Aquaponics Gardening without soil is an improved version of a hydroponic system that has been around for 300 years. It is a system that grows fish in simple water tanks and use the water that contains bio-nutrients to feed plants organically. Harvesting the crops is an easy process. In addition you and your family get to eat organic food that is better tasting! What more can you wish for?
We will provide you with the all the benefits and facts about an aquaponics gardening system as simple as we can.
As you read and learn you will move closer to a real understanding of growing fish and vegetables without soil. I recommend you continue reading to the very end of this page to gather all the information and benefits about aquaponics gardening and harvesting vegetables, fruits, and fish.
What is an Aquaponics Gardening System.
More and more people are learning that aquaponics gardening is a smart and easy way to overcome the economy, rising food costs, and higher gas prices. With such a system in your backyard or even inside your apartment or home you can grow your own fish and fresh organic fruits and vegetables.
I used to have a vegetable garden. It seemed that I was on my knees all the time working the soil, raking, hoeing, pulling weeds, treating the plants for pest control, and fertilizing to add nutrients.
Every year I would want a larger garden which required a larger amount of land.
Sometimes the labor was worth it when we gathered the fresh fruits and vegetables that we grew with our own hands. But I know some friends of ours that believed it was to much hard work which became a deterrent to growing their own food in a garden.
I began searching online and reading books for a better way to grow my own organic fruits and vegetables that did not require preparing and working the soil and always watering the plants.
After Much Study I Discovered What is known As The Aquaponics System. A Combination Of Aquaculture and Hydroponics.
Do not get me wrong aquaponics is not the answer for everyone but it does not require bending over to weed and cultivate the soil and you do not have to water the garden manually.
Some of the problems with a traditional garden are:
- It is seasonal
- The soil is prepared, fertilized, and you plant seeds in the spring time.
- The soil nutrients are used up by the plants and the plants die.
- The amount of fruits and vegetables produced is based on the amount of nutrients, sunlight, and water.
- After the plants die the soil will have to be re-titled, re-fertilized, and replanted.
- Traditional gardening requires regular watering and soil fertilizing.
Let’s Look At How These Problems Are Solved With An Aquaponics System
A major advantage of a backyard aquaponics system is that the plants always have a supply of water and all the nutrients they need to grow and product fruits and vegetables.
Here are the 11 advantages of having an aquaponics system in your backyard or in the home:
- Plants produce more food than plants that grow in a garden. The yield can be anywhere from 5 to 20 times more food in less time.
- Vegetables plants will grow faster than plants that are grown in soil.
- The amount of space for aquaponics is much less than a traditional garden.
- Lower set-up and operating costs.
- The cost for electricity for a small pump may be less than $15 per month. This cost can be reduced with solar panels or a small wind turbine.
- The closed system use about 80% less water than soil gardening.
- The system is easy to build. There are many step-by-step manuals that make the building of the aquaponics system easy.
- They are easy to maintain. After the system is constructed the maintenance becomes almost care-free.
- All the material and parts for the system are available at your local garden or building system store.
- You save money when you grow your own fish, fruits, and vegetables.
- The best part. You get to eat healthy, fresh organic food and fresh fish that you grow. Click to learn more about aquaponics fish.
Tip: These aquaponics systems are scalable meaning they can increase or decrease is size as your personal need for fish, fruits, and vegetables change with time. All you do is add or remove beds and tanks as needed.
Benefit: These systems require a smaller area and the water is effectively recycled instead of evaporating.
How You Can Get Started With Aquaponics?
Hopefully the information above was useful and informative. The benefits and advantages are great, but the only thing that will get you fresh fish and organic fresh fruits and vegetables is taking action!
By far a simple step by step guide is the easiest way to build and set up your own aquaponics system. Here at Aquaponicsaideasaonline.com we have reviewed several aquaponics products that provide easy step by step instructions for building an aquaponics garden.
Here is my recommendation for starting your aquaponics gardening system:
By Far This Is The Best Way To Get Started With Aquaponics Gardening Today Is With “Home DIY Aquaponics”!
IMPORTANT NOTE: This product does not provide plans and advice for a large commercial aquaponics system. Home DIY Aquaponics does provide some hints on how to expand a small backyard system into a larger one.
Aquaponics Supplies and Equipment
Aquaponices supplies and equipment you may need to get started building your aquaponics system include the following items:
- Aquaponics Growbed
- Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate, LECA (Hydroton)
- Aquaponics Fish Tank
- Aquaponics Pump
- Aquaponics Plumbing Kit
- Water Testing Kit
Thanks for visiting our site!
Founder of AquaponicsIdeasOnline.com
Get Updates and 5 Common Mistakes People Make With Aquaponics Systems: